How to upload your website to the server.
To connect to your website via FTP to upload/download files, you will need FTP software, we recommend BulletProof FTP, download here: http://www.bpftp.com
Your homepage should be named index.html or index.shtml. This is the page that will show when someone visits http://www.yourdomain.com.
Here is how to upload your files to the server..
- Open BulletProof FTP, open the Site Manager (Menu: Main>Site Manager)
Enter the FTP information for your website (see welcome email)
Site Name: Up to you.
Initial Local Directory: This is the location of the files on your computer, use the browse button to find the location.
Site Address: ftp.yourdomain.com
Initial Remote Directory: /public_html/
Login & Password: See welcome email
Then click 'Add/update', the FTP settings for your website are now saved in BulletProof FTP
- Select your site and click the 'Connect' button, you should then see a mesage similar to that below, click OK, you are now connected to the server.
220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [TLS] ----------
220-You are user number 3 of 50 allowed.
220-Local time is now 23:11. Server port: 21.
220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
331 User XXXXX OK. Password required
230-User XXXXX has group access to: XXXXX
230 OK. Current restricted directory is /
- In the left window are the files on your computer, in the right are the files on the server, ensure that it says /public_html/ in the location bar of the right window. Now select the files on your computer to be uploaded, and click the 'Queue for upload' button, when you have finished selecting files and are ready to upload them, click the green 'Go' button to start transferring them, BulletProof FTP will now transfer the files to the server, there are status windows for you to see the progress.
- Once file transfer is complete click the 'Disconnect' button and close BulletProof FTP
- Point your browser to http://www.yourdomain.com to view your website!